In today’s blog post I want to talk about the very first step for every organizing project.
Even before we start decluttering, there is another essential step we have to ask ourselves… this question is:
WHY DO I WANT TO TRANSFORM THE SPACE? WHAT IS MY MOTIVATION FOR DOING SO?
Could be many reasons:
- You want to have a playroom
- You are expecting a baby and want to transform an office into a nursery room
- You are downsizing or moving to a new place
- You want to have easy access for everything you own
- You want your kids to be autonomous
- Or just simply because you want to live in an organized space.
Once you know your why, once you know what is the motivation behind the action of decluttering and organizing; it will be a lot easier to keep that momentum and motivation necessary to stay on a clutter free life.
Are you ready to move one step further? Now try to VISUALIZE how your space will look like at the end of the organizing process. Take a mental picture and “look at it” whenever you feel overwhelmed and consider quitting. Remember it gets messy before it looks amazing.